Sunday 29 July 2007

Goodbye life

So some of you may be aware that I am about to become a full time student again. As of tomorrow I will be starting my MBA at Nanyang Business School (click here for Flashearth). I had the orientation week last week which gave me an idea of what was to come and what is to come is a lot of very hard work.

Consequently, I am wondering exactly how much of my life will remain for blogging, taking photos, seeing people who aren't on my course etc etc. The answer I think is 'not much'. Still, I hope to keep you up to date, though the format and what have you may change to utterly boring.

On the plus side, the people on my course seem to be a pretty decent bunch, and it is certainly going to be interesting as they come from 31 different countries. I am the only Brit (though there is a guy from Ireland) which I think helped my application. I also think that I may be the oldest person on the full time course. Now that is shocking (in so many ways). I managed to get myself voted onto the Student committee as well (without actually asking for this honour of extra work), so it appears that for the time being at least, they respect me :-)

Finally, it's odd to be back in Singapore. Getting up early to get to school (I have to get up at 6am to make it for 8.30am starts) I was amused to see a long queue had formed for the free newspaper at the MRT (tube) station. Nothing unusual in this in Singapore. What was funny was that people had BOUGHT newspapers to read WHILE they waited. Now why not just buy the paper and read THAT on the MRT instead..? Only in Singapore.

No comments: