Friday 15 February 2008

Gong Xi Fai Cai!

Or Happy New Lunar Year (Chinese new Year). It's now officially the Year of the Rat. Which happens to be me (I am a water rat). Apparently these are some of my traits:

Rat (Yang, 1st Trine, Fixed Element Water): Forthright, disciplined, systematic, meticulous, charismatic, hardworking, industrious, charming, eloquent, sociable, shrewd. Can be manipulative, cruel, dictatorial, rigid, selfish, obstinate, critical, over-ambitious, ruthless, intolerant, scheming, sturdy.

You can find out even more about me at Wikipedia, including the fact that I am supposed to like
Pork, peas, and cabbage (as a rat).

Maybe the luck is rubbing off. I won some tickets to go and see Sweeny Todd in a competition in Time Out here. Now I have never won any competitions in my life before moving to Singapore. Here, I have won 3 since arriving in about 1 year. Can you imagine actually winning something in Time Out London - the chances are miniscule. But here - well - playing the odds, not bad at all...

Let's hope the luck persists, I have my finals for my MBA trimester starting Monday. This trimester has been especially arduous and the courses difficult. So fingers crossed for some rat luck...

No comments: