Thursday 7 December 2006

Slumming it..

I've not been feeling so well today, some sort of stomach bug. It seems that I ate something dodgy at one of the food places and now whatever it is won't go away. This has caused a disturbance in the maids cleaning schedule, as we have by now reached some sort of agreement where I get out of the room and go to the gym or for a walk to do some errands etc and she cleans the apartment. She seems very put out that I won't let her in to give me new towels or do the washing up, frankly I thought that she'd welcome the change. Much as I welcomed the new toilet rolls.

Our time in the serviced apartments is coming to an end, so I thought I'd add a few pictures of where we've been living for the last few weeks.


This is the best thing about the apartment, King size beds in Singapore are 6'3" wide, which means a really good nights sleep.










Small living area.















Nice little gym. I usually have this all to myself.

Roof top swimming pool and jacuzzi.


The jacuzzi isn't heated though, so you have to do a few laps of the pool to get used to the water before you can actually sit in it. It's a hard life.

Note also that we won't have Internet access for a while once we leave the apartment until we get it sorted out, not sure how long this will take, so will be incommunicado for a few days unless we can get Wifi'd up, though with the early launch of Wireless Island wide it may be easier than we think. Wifi everywhere for free. London - are you listening?

No comments: